Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Looking Back and Moving Forward

Wow! I can't believe it's been a year since I last posted anything on this blog! It was a hard year to say the least. Like I told a friend we seemed to have put blinders on. We could only concentrate on me getting better and all that entailed. I still don't know what I was supposed to learn from this experience. I/we might never know. God has a plan for us and we have to have faith in this no matter how hard this might be at times. People keep telling me how strong I am all I can say is I'm strong in the Lord. I have a great family and awesome friends. They were my support system, I always had someone to call if I needed someone to talk to. I am also blessed to have my parents near. My sweet Mom was with me almost every day. Especially if John had to work. And what can I say about my great, loving, supportive, never missed a treatment or doctor's appointment husband. Only to say I'm so lucky to have found and have him in my life.

During this time I tried to stay busy I croched, read alot and crafted. I took pictures so I hope to post those pictures soon : ) As I'm writting this I'm thinking of reasons why I didn't write on here while I was sick. I did journal after my last Chemo treatment and as I've looked back at them they were mostly about how awful I felt and my hopes and dreams for the future. Now, I'm Cancer free (Praise Jesus!!) and moving forward. Counting my blessings every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment