Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I Can Do All Things Thru Christ Our Lord

This has been my mantra for last few days. I found out Friday I will need to have surgery tomorrow Wednesday. My Doctors have found a cyst or mass on the left side of my lower abdomen. They are thinking it is on my ovary but, won't know for sure until surgery. The Doctors also think it is benign. Praise Jesus! My emotions have been all over the place! One minute I am scared to death and the next I am super mad! It is Christmas in 4 days and I am sitting here getting ready for surgery! I know this is TMI but, I am sitting here typing and drinking some awful drink for a "bowel prep". A nurse called me yesterday at about 12:30PM and told me that I could not have any more solid food until after surgery. I had chicken broth, sprite, water, Jell-o and tea for the rest of the day. I can do all things thru Christ our Lord...
I started having pain and discomfort for a few weeks, I am no stranger to ovarian cyst so I knew what it was except I could feel it getting bigger and the pain wasn't going away. I made an appointment with my OB/GYN and she sent me over to get an ultrasound "STAT" after she examined me. She told me not to leave until after she looked at ultrasound. I was scared you know my mind thought Oh no! It's back! I of course called my BF Becky to come sit with me while I waited for results. I love this girl! We have known each other for more than 20 years. She is loud and a bit crazy (aren't we all?!) but I can call her at any time day or night and she is there! She was my Maid of Honor and I was hers. Okay back to the ultrasound Well, the radiologist looked at the ultrasound and said it was fibroid. I came home feeling so grateful and praising Jesus. My happiness was a bit short lived because my Gyne called me and said she felt "something" during her exam and that I was to follow up with my GP. Long story short I did call my Dr and he scheduled a CT of my abdomen and that's where they saw the mass. I was then referred to a surgeon I can tell you I was very reluctant to go. I was hoping there was another way to treat this. I wanted my Oncologist to look at the new CT and compare it with the new one. The only problem was that the only way this was going to happen on a timely basis was to go take it to him personally. So after we left the surgeons office on Friday we decided to go to Chicago and take it to him. We also picked up a copy of Octobers CT so that the surgeon could look at and compare to the new ones. We spent all day Friday at doctors offices and hospitals! How dreary and sterile some of these building are. I told John I should start redecorating Doctors waiting rooms since I seem to spend so much time in them. HA! I'm sorry this post is such a downer and a pity party. I am trying very hard to stay positive and faithful. I have a lot to be grateful for I have a wonderful Husband who has been doing everything he can to make me feel better and to keep me company. He has been readjusting his work schedule around doctors visits and now surgery. I love you Honey! I hope I show you that every day! I have wonderful family and friends too. Please say a prayer that surgery goes well and
that recovery is nice and fast. My poor little body has been thru so much but it is all in God's plan. Though I may not understand it I know it is. I can do all things in Christ our Lord who is my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment