Saturday, December 3, 2011

Deck the Halls


I'm taking my time in decorating for Christmas this year. Last year I wasn't feeling much like decorating. This is what I have done so far, I'm having fun and getting creative with what we have. I had originally said I wanted to decorate the tree in red but, I would have had to buy a lot so I went with what I had, silver and white. A couple of years ago I had decorated the tree in blue and silver. Oops! I hadn't noticed the extension cord over the skirt until I uploaded the pictures.






I'm still working on the mantel in the family room. I need white candle sticks and some real or natural greenery to finish.







We've had this little "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree well, John has had this tree since before we got married. I remember I wanted to get rid of it but, we didn't have room or money for anything bigger. Now, I put it in our bedroom and love it and the memories of simpler times it brings back.





John had to work late last night so I took a little break and made these ornaments. I found the plain glass ornaments at Menard's for $1.99 a box of 6. I added some old book pages I had cut into thin strips and some glitter.






I got the idea on Pinterest of course! I love how they turned out!



My Paperwhite bulbs are growing so nicely. This is the first time I grow bulbs inside :)








We bought this Nativity scene a few years ago. This is the first time I put it on this side table.



You might remember this container from my Fall decorations. I just changed out the greenery and added some silver picks I had. I'm not totally happy with it, I might add something to it still.




This is one of the Santas I have around the house.








So there you have a few decorations for this Christmas. I still have some work to do and ALL the bins are still out in the dinning room and, I hope to get to some project ideas soon.












































No comments:

Post a Comment