Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Reading

I wish I had more time to read! I have a list of books that I keep adding titles to. I also have a stack of books by my desk that keeps growing. Although I love to have the actual book, I love the convenience of the Kindle.  My Hubby gave it to me for my birthday a couple of years ago. I think I've said this before but it's one of my favorite gifts from him =)  Anyway, I thougth I would share a couple of the books I've read this Summer. My Sister told me about this book. It's based on a true story of a WWII  prisoner of war. Louis Zamperini. The author also wrote Seabiscuit.
    

It has many old pictures of his life. I love looking at old photographs! I found a resent  interview of Mr Zamperini. I couldn't add it to this post so I added it below if you want to listen to this very inspirational man and what he learned about the power of forgiveness. I read this book on my Kindle.
Another book I just finished reading is My name is Memory by Ann Brashares I heard about this book from my blogger friend Chelsea of The Life We Love She said it was one of the best books she'd read in a while. John and I had gone out to dinner in downtown Naperville and went in to Barnes and Noble's. One of the few actual book stores still open close to us. I know, so sad. While looking around I saw the title and remembered hearing about it. It was actually in the bargain aisle so I got it for $7.00! Not bad for a hardcover book. 

            

This book is a love story and it reminded me a little bit of The Time Traveler's Wife. I won't tell you too much about it in case you decide to pick up a copy. It's about a falling in love and keeping it against all odds even time. I really enjoyed reading this book! I just started reading another book for my church book club. I can't remember the title right now but, I'll let you know what I thought of it and about our book club discussion. It's always nice to hear someone else opinion of a book. What have read so far this Summer? Do share would love to add to my list.       

2 comments:

  1. I've heard Unbroken is so good. I need to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are two brilliant recommendations. I've heard of neither of them but I really enjoy (if that's the right word) books about World War 2 and also I loved the Time Traveller's Wife so I'm going to try and read BOTH!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete