Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Money Saving Tip

A big reason I love blogging is that people share there new finds whether it be fashion, decor or a new product. So I wanted to share with you my new find. I had seen a commercial for these new perfect portion freezer bags by Ziploc. It is just the two of us most of the time and even a small package of chicken breast would be too much for us even if I got creative and used leftovers for chicken salads, enchiladas and tacos. I don't know about you but I don't like to keep leftovers in the fridge for too long. Another problem we were having is that if we left meat in the freezer for too long it would get freezer burn and we would end up throwing it away. A big waste of $! Now I can defrost and cook only what we will be eating for that meal. (warning: pictures of raw meat to follow, not very pretty LOL!)

Now, I can buy in bulk and not have to worry that we will have to end up throwing it away if we don't eat it by a certain time.

I place 3 pieces in one portion size bag. It is suggested you use one per piece but, that doesn't seem cost effective for our needs. I then place them in Ziploc gallon sized freezer bags. The double bag keeps it safe from freezer burn.

I know we are truly carnivores! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment