Monday, October 17, 2011

My Furbabies

I was looking at my past post. I can't believe I haven't talked about my beautiful dogs! I love these dogs! I call them my furbabies. They give me unconditional love and they are always happy to see me. When I was sick last year, I swear they knew I was sick. If I was having a bad day or upset about something. They would come and jump up on the sofa with me and just lay there or sleep with me. I even remember John, who never allows them to sleep in the bed with us, putting them in bed with me. Wow! That brings tears to my eyes. We've come so far!




This is my 2 year old Sheltie. Her name is Farrah. Yes, she was named after Farrah Fawcett. She came from a breeder. We picked her up the day after Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died. She didn't have much hair as a puppy but, as you can see she has beautiful hair now. I just love her coloring. She was the pick of the litter.




She /they love to sit by my slippers.


This is Ginger. She is 7 years old. She is the first dog I have ever had. John grew up with dogs. My parents never cared to have any pets in the house. Who could blame them with a full house. We rescued her from the Naperville Animal Shelter as a 6 week old puppy. Ginger came from a litter of 7. They told us they found the puppies in an alley in Michigan.




Do you remember the stuffed animals "Pound Puppies"? A very popular toy in the 80's. Well, Ginger is my Pound Puppy. Ha! Can you see the resemblance?













No comments:

Post a Comment