Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pinterest Love



Have I told you how much I heart Pinterest?! If you haven't had the chance to look at this site please, let me know and I'll send you an invitation. I have found everything from gift and craft ideas to recipes. Some people out there in blog land are very clever =) Here are a couple of things I have found on Pinterest.






John loves this weather because I make his favorite comfort food like beef stew and chicken & dumplings. The other day I was busy getting ready for a craft fair and had to make more
dog treats to sell. Anyway, I remembered I had seen this recipe for chicken & dumplings in a crock pot on Pinterest. A quicker version of the original recipe I make. Here is the recipe:



4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast


2 tablespoons of butter


1 can chicken broth


1 can cream of chicken soup ( I used Campbell's)


1 onion (diced)

1 tablespoon dried parsley


4 Grand flaky refrigerator biscuits


* fresh carrots and frozen peas


put everything in the crock pot (except for the biscuits) cook on high for 3-4 hours. After it has cooked for that time. Then cut up the biscuits into 9 pc. add to pot and cook for another 35 min.


* I added fresh carrots and frozen peas to the one I made.


John really liked it. I thought the dumplings were a bit too doughy/raw. I think I like them better from my other recipe but, this was nice and quick for a busy weekday dinner. If you try it. Let me know what you think =)


Here is a clever idea. You know those plastic hangers you get when you buy dress slacks or a skirt. Well don't throw them out. break off the clips at the ends and use that as chip clips. How come I never thought of that?!





So there you have it. What ideas have you tried from Pinterest?

No comments:

Post a Comment