Friday, July 8, 2011

BC#7 Best of Blogs

I am pretty much a new comer to blogs. I had heard of blogs and blogging but I worked full time and went to school. So, Needles to say, I didn't have much time to do much on the computer other than what I needed to do for work or school. I quite working almost 3 years ago. Since then I've had plenty of time to "play" as my Husband calls it. I started reading blogs one afternoon looking for inspirations for Fall decor. Actually, If I remember correctly I was looking for these pumpkin topiary I had seen on several front porches. I just didn't have any idea on how to make them. I typed in pumpkin topiary and all these sites came up. One was to Lemon Annie's blog (she has since stopped blogging) she had some very cute pictures of what I wanted. Then I noticed she had linked to other blogs. One of the blogs she linked to was "Bless Our Nest". Shannon had some very nice vignettes for Fall throughout her house. I was inspired and from then on I have been following her blog. Most of the blogs I follow are home decor/design and crafting blogs. Others, like Chelsea's, have inspired me in other ways. I don't remember how I came across her blog. Her Husband Nick had just been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I do remember thinking Wow! they are so young to be faced with such a challenge. Okay, here it goes, I'm going to get kinda' heavy on you here. I think there was a higher power at work. Because less then 4 months later I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I/we were DEVASTATED to say the least. I was terrified of Chemotherapy. I think I initially even said I wouldn't do it. My Dr's gave me very good chances that I would be cured with treatment. With John's and my families promise to help me through it. We went ahead with their recommendations. I needed someone to talk to. I had a lot of questions. Don't get me wrong, my Oncologist (Dr. Klein)was/is great! Makes you feel like your his only patient for the day. I didn't know (thank God!) anyone else going through Chemo. Okay,I'll reel it in here. Ha! This post is supposed to be about favorite blogs. I thought of Chelsea and Nick...so I sent them an e-mail...they were awesome! We even spoke on the phone. They were such a blessing to me.
And last but not least. Here is a list of some of the other blogs I follow or how some of you like to say "stalk".
Southern Comfort in a Northern Life
Nesting Place
Dear Lillie
Elizabeth & Co.
Susieharris
Hooked on Houses
The Old Painted Cottage
Katie's Keepers
Antiques Chase
For The Love of a House
The Graphics Fairy
Possessionista

I hope you can link up to these bloggs. I still don't think I'm doing it right. I hope they inspire you as much as they do me.

No comments:

Post a Comment