Sunday, July 31, 2011

What Pink Room?!




We finally painted the pink room! YAY! I've been wanting to paint that room since we moved in (4 years ago!) But, other rooms had to be done first. The previous owners had a little girl and they obviously let her pick out the paint color. This room was PINK not a pretty, soft pink a bright, John called it neon, pink.



You might think I'm exaggerating by the looks of this picture but, trust me it was not pretty. Not only was the color bad. They had done a poor job of painting the room. You could see all the roller and paint bush marks. And as you can see it had wainscoting on the bottom half of the walls. I really like that look but, again they had done a poor job installing it. They used alot of glue and so the glue took some of the paper off of the drywall Ugh! They also did alot of piecing of material especially on the trim. Did I mention all the nail holes we had to fill. I don't remember what all she had on the walls but, it was not carefully thought out before they took hammer to nail. Anyway, enough complaining about how bad this room looked. We have or should I say John; has taken the wainscoting down. We primed...






It took a gallon and a half to cover the PINK John is going to redo the wainscoting and trim. Now that the room is empty we are going to get new carpet for that room, Nick's room which I painted and re-decorated 2 years ago, the hallway and stairs. I'm very happy about that because it (carpet)was here when we move in so, it needs to be replaced. I kinda' wish we could install hardwood floors, especially in the hall and stairs but, that would be too pricey for us right now. It's going to look so much different, crisp and clean(er). As I look at my pictures I don't think I've done a very good job of documenting how this room looked before. John is working on countersinking all the nails and covering them with wood filler. All these little details they didn't do before.







My Hubby working hard and his favorite beverage is not far. Ha!


Now, I'm on the hunt for some pretty fabric to make some curtain panels. What home project are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment